November 02, 2009

October results

Only 12k hands this month and that wasn't enough to even out the variance. A truly awful single day over 2 sessions saw me losing 14buyins. Every horror under the sun hit me that day, and it was truly amazing just how bad you can run sometimes. I got it back to 3buyins below even over the next 8k hands playing nitty (em.....read minimise-tilt) poker before another 2 bad sessions at the weekend left me 8buyins down for the end of the month. Add back rakeback and some weird (but welcome) bonuses that FT ran and I guess I am 4buyins down for the month.

There is no point in posting the graph, its too few hands and its just one massive vertical down line followed by a steady upward and then a small downer at the end. I have been very busy with work projects and next few months is going to be as busy. I need to be getting +30k hands per month minimum to start to get a true reflection of win rate (or loss rate) or start aiming for 3month reviews instead of monthly ones if I only manage circa 10k. God, though, I really want at least 25k to get at least some momentum....

What to take from it? 14 buyins? Looking through the HHs of the session, I just not sure if I would have done much different. I dont want this blog to turn into the typical micro-whine=bad beat-i-run-sooo-bad-blog. Prob need some second opinion from a friendly patient soul. And...well, I have few losing sessions, but I occasionally have a big losing sessions followed by lots of smaller winning ones. I never have massive (ie +5buyin type) winning sessions.

My second losing month at poker since starting this heavenly game. Yuk.

2 comments:

  1. doesn't sound too bad. you have high expectations so blips like this probably hurt more than they should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From my own experience, so it may not match yours, when I start losing and then tilting I feel the need to catch up.
    This makes me do things I wouldn't do normally, so, as you say, it may well be helpful to get a dispassionate view of your overall play during your big down-swings.

    I'm sure they'll be good coaches on 2+2 that'll check over your results and make recommendations for a few buy-ins. While it's a lot to fork over in one go, it'll more than likely pay for itself in the long run.

    ReplyDelete