January 20, 2009

Bad Beats at 50nl

2 things I decided not to dwell on in this blog:

1. No big long hand history descriptions and how I played the hand. Maybe I will change this, but when I read someone's poker blog, I can never usually be bothered looking at the hand histories, regardless of how they are presented.
2. No bad beat stories, or coolers or whatever. It happens to us all, so who cares.

That said, I have had my first experience of running bad at 50nl, where I have been making around 1-2 buy-ins per session up to that point. Got it all in v deep stack opponents within about 5 minutes of each other on the flop, being 80% favourite in both cases to see runner runner and thank you very much….down 5 buy-ins.

The point of this post is to see whether it affects me and how long I take to bounce back. Bad beats at 10nl or even 25nl just don’t seem as hard, despite my having a healthy bankroll for 50nl. It’s the first real hammering I have had for a long time.

So we shall see.

Meantime I am testing out Hold'em Manager version 1.07 and will report back with that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment